In the past, janitorial services businesses have used low-end accounting software and spreadsheets to manage the back office. New trends in janitorial services software include cloud and SaaS applications that incorporates strong functionality for managing contracts, recurring invoicing, and payments to subcontractors and cleaning supplies vendors to streamline the business.
Signs That Your Janitorial Service Business Stuck in the Past
Your janitorial service business may be struggling with QuickBooks and spreadsheets but unsure of the level of process inefficiencies and how much time is being wasted in your back office.
- Are you considering hiring additional administrative resources to run your current process and systems?
- Does your accounting staff have excessive, time consuming processes for generating customer and vendor invoices?
- Are there accounting errors in invoicing customers for the correct amount, based on all the changes in their specific agreements?
- Do you use subcontractors to perform service work, and have differences in what you think you should pay them versus what they think they are owed?
- Is it difficult to accurately bill customers for supplies? Or to accurately track supplies used against a prepaid supplies budget?
- Do you know which customers are profitable or unprofitable on a facility by facility level?
Trends in Software for Janitorial Service Businesses
Today’s janitorial business software should incorporate best-in-class business management techniques and integrated functionality. It should be offered in the cloud, to better manage your IT investment and resources.
Integrated functionality included should include built-in modules and processes for:
- Managing project setup by janitorial services customer and facility
- Managing recurring sales orders and invoices for facility cleaning services
- Managing sales orders and invoices for special services like carpet cleaning, deep cleaning services, etc.
- Managing vendor contracts and invoicing for businesses that use third-party cleaning contractors to perform service work
- Managing supplies purchasing and invoicing in either prepaid or chargeback scenarios