With a Two-Tier ERP Strategy, Cantel optimizes and gains visibility into country operations.
Read the full story.
Headquartered in New Jersey, USA, Cantel is a global leader in infection prevention products and services that improve outcomes and help save lives. Through an expansive portfolio of endoscopy, water purification and filtration, and healthcare disposables, Cantel helps millions of patients each year.
Cantel wanted to standardize their financial and sales reporting by implementing SAP Business ByDesign with a Global template at one of their Australian subsidiaries in Victoria. This happened at the same time as implementing SAP S/4HANA at their USA office.
“We went to a Two-Tier ERP Strategy to optimize and gain visibility into country operations, to provide a right-sized system to countries and to gain speed and flexibility in how we reduce the number of operating ERPs around the world at Cantel”, said Mike Casey, Global IT lead at Cantel.
Companies that are expanding their business globally want to have an agile solution that can be deployed quickly and within a budget that is reasonable for their smaller subsidiaries. After a careful assessment of requirements, Cantel with support from SEIDOR approached the challenge of integrating their subsidiaries into their corporate ERP by implementing SAP Business ByDesign to achieve exceptional cross-company visibility and process standardization.
Unlike on-premise ERP software, SAP Business ByDesign can be paid by monthly subscription with the software and data stored and hosted by SAP. SAP also performs all data backups, software updates, security and maintenance – no need for a large IT infrastructure.
Cantel's Project Overview
- Define the global template because Australia was the first Cantel subsidiary to implement SAP Business ByDesign with a standardization
- Migrating legacy systems
- Needing to standardize their material master data, but also allow for products which are bought and sold locally
- Two very different time zones giving only a 4-6pm USA time slot for meetings with the Australian team
- Local requirement for additional bespoke reports.
Added benefits for Cantel
- Implementing revenue recognition
- Becoming compliant with the new International Accounting Standards
- Australia is now running using the rules for a global template, which means Cantel can add new countries in a more integrated way so they can run balance and P&L globally.
- Cantel already had implemented SAP ByDesign in three subsidiaries, but because they were running separately the numbers weren’t visible at a global level.
Read more benefits of running a Two-Tier ERP Strategy
- Industry: Healthcare
- Products: Infection prevention, water purification, products for dialysis and open-heart surgery Employees: 2690+ employees across 13 locations
- Little Falls, New Jersey, USA
- Website: www.cantelmedical.com