Using software and integration for managing suppliers, purchasing, products, and inventory
Addressing supply chain management for commercial cleaning has become critical because of the challenges surrounding COVID-19. A strong demand for cleaning products and enhanced cleaning services is pushing commercial cleaning services to examine how they can streamline their supply chain processes through today’s technology.
ManageClean on SAP Business One software uses best practices in the purchasing process and warehouse management for a comprehensive supply chain solution for commercial cleaning companies and janitorial services. It can also integrate supplies purchase data from cleaning supplies distributors, so your staff doesn’t have to rely on manual data entry.
Exploring the Purchasing Process in ManageClean
ManageClean functionality covers the entire purchasing process from order creation over goods receipt to invoice payment, including item returns. Item and vendor master data are all stored in the system. The built- in warehouse management process and material requirements planning supports strong inventory capabilities.
Item and Vendor Master Data
Item and vendor master records are maintained centrally in the system and seamlessly integrated in all necessary business transactions. This item master data contains all the information necessary for an efficient purchasing process on the items you buy and sell - such as item number, description, purchasing and packaging units of measure, dimensions, weight, prices and tax types.
Supplies vendors are stored with all relevant contact information. Payment details are administered with terms and payment methods to allow for accurate, on-time payment of your vendor invoices. As you are challenged to find new vendors for items, you can easily add new vendor information and identify their associated items.
Warehouse Management Process
The sophisticated warehouse and inventory management tools in the ManageClean solution allow you to manage your warehouse(s) by tracking inbound and outbound shipments as well as inter-warehouse stock movements.
Have complete visibility into current inventory stock levels and perform instant availability checks as well as physical and cycle counting. Multiple units of measure and factors can be used when managing purchased goods units, in order to streamline picking, packing, and final delivery.
Of course, the solution has integrated accounting functionality, so you can be assured that your warehouse management and your financial accounting data are consistently synchronized. Changes to item cost and product prices are immediately and automatically considered and the inventory value is recalculated based on the assigned valuation model.
Integrating Purchase Data from Cleaning Supplies Distributors
Most cleaning supplies vendors offer online shopping to commercial cleaning services to expedite the purchasing of supplies. ManageClean helps you take advantage of the files that these vendors create to automate the invoicing of supplies and the payment to the supplies vendor so your staff doesn’t have to manually enter it -- saving time and reducing errors.
How ManageClean Automates Supplies Purchases from Vendors
- As cleaning supply purchases are made through the distributor’s online shopping portal, your supplies vendor compiles a report of the date of purchase, the items, and the end customer for the supplies. Typically they provide these reports in a flat file format.
- In ManageClean you can easily map the fields from the vendor’s report to the appropriate fields in our software. When purchasing staff triggers the import procedure, the data is brought into ManageClean. You could also cut and paste the purchases data from Excel. ManageClean checks the customer contract to validate whether the customer is under a prepaid or chargeback scenario for supplies.
- If chargeback, ManageClean prepares a sales order and invoice to bill those supplies directly as used to the customer.
- If prepaid, ManageClean knows that the cost of supplies was built into the price paid for services, and no additional customer billing is needed.
3. In either case, ManageClean prepares a purchase order for the supplies so your supplies vendor can be paid.
When your commercial cleaning company is managing large numbers of supplies purchases across hundreds of customers and facilities – automate the purchasing and billing of cleaning supplies with ManageClean’s integration and import process.