Tips on Functions and User Efficiency from Biz.One Conference 2018
During the 2018 Biz.One user conference, a session by Tami Beverson covered SAP Business One tips and tricks across usability and new 9.3 functionality.
New features and functionality in SAP Business One version 9.3 included these helpful enhancements for users:
- Return Request (RMA) function does not affect inventory and keeps assigned document number. You can copy to/from Deliveries and Invoices.
- If a document is in a Closed status, you can right-click to open again. This will allow you to click the Copy to Return button and return one or more items.
- For Journal entries, there is a remarks template similar to predefined text.
- There are two more drawers in the General Ledger, and drawers are renamable.
- In the Query Manager, queries are now searchable, and import features are better
When taking about administration streamlining, and additional tips and tricks these points were covered, along with the menu path they can be found:
- You can logoff orphan user instances through Administration > Utilities > Connected Users
- Master Data Cleanup can be used to deactivate selected items or business partners. You can also remove master data with no transactions posted through menu path Administration > Utilities > Master Data Cleanup Wizard can impact Items, BP’s, GL Accounts, Project Codes, Distribution and Cost Centers, Tax Codes, Employees. Make sure you have the full instructions before performing a master data cleanup.
- Credit Memo that doesn’t affect Inventory – Something you are going to credit the customer for, but you don’t want the item back through menu path Credit Memo > Form Settings > Without Quantity Posting
- Vendor is also a Customer you can mark them as such menu path Business Partner Master Data > Accounting Tab > Connected Customer
- For a Journal Entry Preview on an Invoice Right-Click in the document header/footer > Journal Entry Preview (to see what this is going to impact, before actually doing it)
Additional resources for SAP Business One tips and tricks, most are free others are paid:
SAP B1 Weekly Tips and Tricks free https://blogs.sap.com/2016/02/17/sap-business-one-tips-are-one-click-away/
SAP Learning Hub free, register at: https://training.sap.com/businessone
SAP B1 SQL Tips and Tricks free https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/B1/SAP+B1+SQL+Tips+and+Tricks
Seidor SAP Business One Help Docs free https://seidorb1support.helpdocs.com/
Join ASUG and the One.Source ASUG Community for SAP Business One https://www.asug.com/
For more about Biz.One
Biz.ONE is the annual conference to learn and share about all things SAP Business One. A space dedicated to the SAP Business One user. A space where users are actively discussing solutions to roadblocks. A space where communication between users, partners, and SAP is open and meaningful. https://biz.one/
Seidor is a Platinum Partner of SAP Business One.
We sell, install, implement, train and support our customers for this software solution from our offices in Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, Miami and California.
If we can help you explore SAP Business One, please