The SAP HANA® platform helps you reimagine business by combining a robust database with services for creating innovative applications. It enables real-time business by converging transactions and analytics on one in-memory platform.
Running on premise or in the cloud, SAP HANA untangles IT complexity, bringing huge savings in data management and empowering decision makers everywhere with new insight and predictive power
SAP HANA is built on an in-memory columnar store that optimizes the benefits of multicore processing and the single-instruction, multipledata instruction set. It is fully compliant with requirements for atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability (the ACID standards). Using intuitive modeling tools, decision tables, and preconfigured function libraries, you can run complex business logic directly inside the database. And that means you avoid latencies from moving data between the database and the application servers. Stored procedures take advantage of optimized in-memory calculation engines to run faster.
When you set up multitenant database containers, you can manage several databases as one while maintaining their isolation from one another. You can perform administrative tasks such as backup and patching on all tenants at once and also optionally allocate resources to each tenant separately to protect performance. You can handily meet service-level requirements while lowering capital and operating costs. With dynamic tiering, you can keep frequently accessed data in-memory while moving rarely accessed data to disk, managing Big Data economically without the constraints of memory size. Your applications can access data independently of storage location, and you can modify storage preferences whenever demand changes.
SAP HANA allows you:
- Accelerate Database Processing: process transactions and analytics against a single copy of data in-memory for real-time insight
- Deliver More Intelligence: use advanced analytical processing for deeper insight into the past, present, and future
- Create Next-Generation Applications: design and deploy intuitive applications to deliver the right information at the right time to business users
- Integrate All Types of Data: access large volumes of data from a variety of sources to unlock insights never seen before
- Simplify Your IT Environment: reduce complexity with an unified, yet open, platform on premise or in the cloud
What are the Benefits?
- Accelerate data processing for real-time insight and action
- Draw insight from complex data sets and ongoing transactions
- Reimagine business processes and create innovative applications
- Achieve business agility and streamline IT.