What do companies look for in wholesale distribution software? They need software to control inventory and warehouse management, streamline purchasing and procurement and empower sales to better serve customers.
Senior executives at small and medium-sized wholesale distribution companies want to achieve business growth, customer success, business improvement, and help their community. Source: “Ambition: Why being ambitious matters and how SMEs are achieving their goals” A Circle Research Study, sponsored by SAP.
Across the board, as wholesale distributors tell us their struggles in achieving their goals and explain what is holding them back there are consistent themes:
- They are outgrowing QuickBooks, or other legacy systems
- They battle to manage inventory accurately – both within the inventory master and across warehouses
- Their Customer Service staff needs better technology for tracking opportunities and quickly entering sales orders
- Their Outside sales reps needs mobile capability to view customers and create sales orders while in the field
- They want a software that can be deployed either on a server, or in the cloud
When looking at wholesale distribution software, these companies want a software solution that will address their struggles, and meet these top priorities for the business:
- Manage the distribution order to delivery process in one software solution
- Improve inventory management through min/max levels, multiple units of measure, bin locations, and warehouse tracking
- Provide bill of material functionality for building up kits or bundled products
- Ability to manage different price lists by customer or product group
- Provide commission tracking by sales person
- Use integrated, PCI compliant credit card transactions
- Integrate to UPS/USPS/FedEx shipping so tracking numbers are in one place
- Integrate to web stores/ecommerce to eliminate manual entry of sales orders and credit card processing
- Include service functionality for those distributors who also perform installation or repair services
- Ability to grow into bar code scanning in the warehouse, or process EDI transactions with large trading partners
As a foundational business platform, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system provides integrated, streamlined, and automated processes for wholesale distributors.
Distribution ERP Software Built-in Process
SAP Business One includes built-in order-to-delivery functionality which is fully integrated into the inventory, financial, and material requirements planning (MRP) features. Discover how SAP Business One will enable your distribution business to optimize and streamline your entire inventory management process.
Streamlined and optimized distribution processes are crucial to customer satisfaction and inventory cost control. Even if your product line is extensive and complex, SAP Business One will provide you with comprehensive inventory management functionality to meet your business needs. Manage detailed item, inventory, and warehouse data; record and track inbound, outbound, and inter-warehouse stock movements; and meet demand based on comprehensive material requirements planning.
Seidor is the global #1 SAP Platinum Partner of SAP Business One. We sell, install, implement, train and support
our customers for this software solution from our offices in Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, Miami and California.
If you would like to explore SAP Business One