What do companies look for in manufacturing ERP software? Whether operating a make-to-stock, make-to-order, configure-to-order, or engineer-to-order production environment, manufacturing companies are looking to optimize daily operations, remove waste, simplify processes, and improve manufacturing flexibility.
Across the board, small and midsize manufacturers have the same struggles:
- Using outdated systems for accounting and operations, and it is operationally weak
- Doing lot tracking manually through spreadsheets
- Fighting with bad inventory management in their low-end accounting software
- Need to track cost of goods sold on manufactured products
- Entering manufacturing order information manually between other systems, causing errors
When looking at manufacturing ERP software, these manufacturers want a software solution that will address their struggles, and meet these top priorities for the business:
- Manage CRM, sales orders, inventory and production in a single manufacturing ERP software system
- Better control raw and purchased inventory items, locations and quantities
- Control serial and lot numbers for incoming and outgoing products
- Gain insight into available to promise quantities
- Ability to grow into bar code scanning for incoming, in process and outbound products
- Use MRP to ensure raw material and purchased goods will meet production demand
- Can be deployed either on a server at their facility, or in the cloud.
As a foundational business platform, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
provides integrated, streamlined, and automated processes for manufacturing.
Manufacturing ERP Software Built-in Process
SAP Business One delivers manufacturing functionality which is fully integrated into the inventory, financial, and material requirements planning (MRP) features - giving end-to-end visibility of the production process.
When a company improves operational efficiency, manufacturing throughput is improved and material costs are reduced to help the business stay competitive. With SAP Business One, manufacturers have a system to help achieve profitable growth, improve service, meet customer demands and manage internal and external costs.
Seidor is the global #1 SAP Platinum Partner of SAP Business One. We sell, install, implement, train and support
our customers for this software solution from our offices in Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, Miami and California.
If you would like to explore SAP Business One